Happy Monday 🙂 Hopefully nobody woke up earlier than necessary from the time change.
I only enjoy fall daylight savings for the first day because of the extra hour gained. It makes me feel like I have a lot more time to get stuff done despite it being only an additional hour. Walking Mochi in the mornings is also less sketchy because it’s not pitch black outside.
That said, I think I’m less thrilled with it this year because I’ve started running. I don’t enjoy taking my runs to the treadmill because I get so bored and tend to not run straight lol. Because it’s dark when I get home and take Mochi out again, I have to run indoors. I know I can still run outside, but I’m just not that comfortable with running alone in the dark.
My breakfast for today was my usual work standard of oatmeal with almond butter and chia seeds and lunch was leftovers from last night. I made a big crock pot of salsa chicken last night because I was craving something warm and savory 🙂 As promised, here is the recipe that I use.
Salsa Chicken (Serves 4-6)
- 2-3 chicken breasts (more will just yield more servings)
- 1 can fat free, low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 cup salsa of choice (I usually add more)
- Seasonings: garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder, onion powder, sea salt
- Optional: 1 cup low fat sour cream, cilantro, diced onions, and cheese
3. Drain the can of black beans and pour evenly over the chicken.
4. Add the salsa on top of the beans.
5. Add the cream of mushroom soup and give the toppings a nice stir.
6. Put on the lid and cook for 3 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
7. If desired, stir in sour cream, top with cheese, onions, and cilantro over rice.
I chose not to top mine with cheese and stuff this time, but it adds a nice touch 😉 You can also eat this with brown rice or tortillas instead. Most recipes don’t add black beans, but it adds some extra flavor and a nice touch of fiber.