Happy snowy Sunday! It has been an absolutely freezing past 5 days, and I’m not adjusting very well. It’s been an unseasonably warm winter so far here in CO, but winter is here in full force. I’m not looking forward to my commute tomorrow morning.
Since my birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, I had dinner with some of my closest friends on the day of and decided to save the bigger celebration for yesterday. I almost had to cancel because of the snow, but it finally stopped. I spent the majority of my night at Japoix since it’s such a chill place, they have free garage parking, and the happy hour prices are awesome.
It was really good to see a lot of my other friends since I don’t really go out as frequently anymore. They took full advantage of the situation, and ensured I got blitzed out of my mind. That makes me sound like an alchy, but I normally only have 2-3 drinks max.
It was a great way to end my week of birthday fun. Until next year!
Long Run Sunday…
did not happen because I finished it yesterday :) I knew I would probably not be in any condition to run today, so I stuck to my word and finished my 9 mile run a day ahead of schedule.
I probably looked either really hardcore or like a total nut case (probably a little of both) because my run started out around 22 degrees and ended around 12 degrees. This is the first time I had to use my thermal Nike running tights, and I definitely should have worn another layer on top of it. On top I wore a DriFit tank, thermal long-sleeve, and a full zip top. It was also my first time having to run with a hat and gloves…brrrr.
The run went very slowly because there was snow and ice on the sidewalks. It was probably not the smartest idea to run outdoors, but I would have stabbed my eye if I had to do the entire thing on a treadmill. I took a 4 mile route to the gym, completed 4.5 on a treadmill, and then ran the last half mile home. While I managed to not break a leg or slip, I got my first minor running injury :( Because the zipper on the backs of my running tights didn’t have a cover, I got blisters. One of which was bleeding while I was on the treadmill. The person behind me must have been grossed out lol.
I did not get in the 4 mile run that I was supposed to do today. Oh well, things happen.
Since the alums from my sorority don’t get to see each other nearly as often as we did during undergrad, we started a monthly book club as an excuse to eat and chat. Thao hosted this month’s book club, and she made us homemade pho! It was freakin delicious. Be jealous.
I just finished making my last batch of cookies for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap that I have to mail out tomorrow, so I hope they turned out good. I am not a baker for a very good reason lol. I’ll be sure to post up pictures and the recipe when we all mass post them later in the month.
Last but not least, I received two blogger awards over the past week and a half, but haven’t had time to post them up or send them out to new people. First, big thanks to Thao @Snapshots of Happiness for giving me the Liebster Blog award!
The Liebster award is for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules around the award.
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!
I’m going to try to not pick the same people that Thao picked. Also, I’m sorry if you do have more than 200 followers.
Second thanks goes to Heather @Just a Colorado Gal for selecting me as one of the bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award!
I’m supposed to share 7 random facts about myself and then select other bloggers I want to know more about, so here we go.
1) I always have to wash my hands before I take a shower. It makes absolutely no logical sense as to why I need to do this, but I do. ALWAYS.
2) I’ve only done the splits once in my entire life. I was in elementary school and rollerblading on ice. Yeah, I was a special kid.
3) I was valedictorian in high school and did very average in undergrad. Way to drop the ball.
4) I’m one of the least flexible people in the world. I cannot even touch my toes, and I’m slowly working on it.
5) I never knew that pineapples grew from the planted tops of other pineapples until I went to the Dole plantation in Hawaii.
6) When I eat, I have to eat one type of thing at a time. If I order a steak with mashed potatoes and veggies. I have to eat one of these things first and then start on something else.
7) I picture myself dying at least 10 times a day. No, I’m not suicidal, nor do I hate my life. Depending on what I’m doing, I could imagine myself getting into a million types of car accidents, getting hit by a car while crossing the street, having a crazy man shoot me as I’m walking down the street, etc. The funny thing is, none of these thoughts scare me or make me uber-vigilant. It’s just part of my “normal” thought process…if you choose to stop reading my blog, I understand hahaha :P
Versatile Blogger Awardees (I’m only picking 5 because I named several for the other award.
1) Tracy @Tracy’s Treats
2) Kim @Eat, Live, and Blog
3) Simply Life Blog
4) Heidi Nicole @run.around.aroo
5) Maria @ La Piattini
Okay bloggers….ready, set, and GO!
Question of the Day: What was the most fun thing you did this weekend?